Roast Turkey, Apple & Cranberry Salad. Perfect use of leftover turkey! This salad makes for a great lunch sandwich or on a bed of greens. You’re definitely going to want to keep this one in mind come Thanksgiving leftover time.
The other day I remembered I had a turkey breast in my freezer so I went ahead and made a mini Thanksgiving type dinner and boy was it delicious! I had a good amount of turkey meat left over so I used the carcass for a homemade broth and some of the extra meat in this Roast Turkey, Apple & Cranberry Salad. The flavor is so good! The sweetness from the dried cranberries and the crunch of the apple… this is a winner!
You can certainly use this same recipe with roasted chicken too! Heck you can throw in roasted almonds too for some extra crunch if you’d like. Thats the great thing about cooking, its all about what you’ve got on hand and what you love! I served this simply on some toast but if you’d like to keep it lower in carbs throw it onto a bed of mixed greens. Oh also, the second day I had this I did add a slice of bacon to the sandwich and it was a fantastic addition! Again- just go for it! Thats the fun of it all!
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups roasted turkey, shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small granny smith apple, small dice
- 1 celery stalk, small dice
- 1/2- 3/4 cup light mayo
- splash of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until coated well with the mayo. I add just a splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice to add brightness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a sandwich or over a bed of mixed greens.
Wild Rice Salad with Sweet Potato, Spinach & Apple