I’m obsessed with this Summer Wild Rice Salad. It is simple to throw together, full of great flavor and crunch from the fresh veggies. Its hearty and healthy… a perfect dish for these hot summer days.
I think like most people in the hot summer months, we are looking for eating lighter and easy meals. The local produce is in abundance and so amazing that its easy to throw this Summer Wild Rice Salad together and have great flavor with little effort! Really, nothing beats bright fresh salads that can be used as a side dish or easily turned into a meal with some grilled shrimp or chicken.
This recipe is really flexible… aka I measured very loosely and you can really customize this with any veggie or bean you have on hand. I mixed 1 1/2 cups of cooked wild rice with swiss chard, cucumber, red onion and chick peas. The dressing I used here is one of my favorite store bought dressings… Brianna’s Champagne Vinaigrette.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, small dice
- 3-4 leaves swiss chard, rough chop
- 1/2 – 3/4 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- champagne vinaigrette
- salt and pepper
- After you cook the wild rice according to the package directions, rinse under cold water.
- Mix the rice with the veggies. Add just enough dressing to lightly coat the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some grilled chicken, steak or shrimp for a complete meal.
STAY TUNED… I will be sharing another version of a wild rice salad next week! Its a winner for sure!
You may also like: