Tilapia with a Lemon Cream Sauce. Hosting a holiday get together doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious Thanks to Bumble Bee SuperFresh®! This fabulous meal is on the table in under 25 minutes! PLUS a bonus appetizer recipe!
You guys! The holidays are just around the corner and I am so excited. Today I’m sharing with you not 1 but 2 recipes that are delicious and easy enough for a holiday party or any night of the week. The main course, this incredible Tilapia with a Lemon Cream Sauce is ready and on the table in under 25 minutes! I’m also sharing with you an incredibly simple and elegant Pesto Salmon Crostini.
I recently tried Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs and Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto and I have to tell you I LOVE these products! All their seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. Their premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let our fish shine through!
I absolutely love entertaining. I am a planner, which means I always have lists for every party I’m hosting. One for my menu, one for my grocery list and a prep list. The fantastic thing here, the prep is SO easy! This Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs along with my lemon cream sauce is such an elegant meal but it couldn’t be easier! I served the tilapia with basmati rice and steamed asparagus. That tilapia, what a difference fresh lemon makes! Combined with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, shallots, black pepper and other natural ingredients, their recipe brings out the clean, fresh flavor of premium tilapia. My easy lemon cream sauce pairs PERFECTLY with the already perfectly seasoned fish.
The sauce is SO easy! Sauté garlic, a shallot and lemon zest in a combination of butter and olive oil. Throw in fresh lemon slices, lemon juice and vegetable broth. Allow that to simmer and at the very end you add in light cream. Poured over the perfectly steamed Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs, that simple basmati rice and steamed asparagus and dinner is served in under 25 minutes!
Hold on folks, I’ve got another recipe for you too! This Pesto Salmon Crostini is another great one to make holiday party hosting EASY! It truly doesn’t get easier with this one… Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto, toasted bread, a little olive oil and toasted pine nuts and you’ve got yourself one gorgeous and elegant appetizer.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto is richly satisfying with Parmesan cheese, basil, almonds, and a touch of garlic. Its so tender and juicy, the meat just flakes apart beautifully. Cook the salmon according to the packaging then add the salmon to perfectly toasted crostini, a little drizzle of olive oil and just to add a fun crunch, I sprinkled on toasted pine nuts.
- 3 packages of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia
- about 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- a bunch of asparagus, steamed and lightly salted
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- a few slices of lemon
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 pint light cream
- 1/4 cup freshly snipped chives, divided
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Steam the asparagus for about 8 minutes, lightly salted and set aside.
- Cook the basmati rice according to the package. Set aside.
- Remove the tilapia from the vacuum sealed packaging and place each piece into a parchment pocket. Fold all sides in to seal in the steam. Place on a baking sheet and cook for approx 18 minutes.
- While the tilapia is cooking we can make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, over medium low heat, add in the butter, olive oil, shallot, garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the garlic and shallots are softened.
- Add in the lemon slices, fresh lemon juice and vegetable broth. Simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and open the parchment carefully! Steam is HOT!
- To the sauce, just before serving, add in the light cream and half the chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer just until the cream is warmed.
- Plate the rice, steamed asparagus and the tilapia. Pour the sauce overtop and garnish with the remaining half of the chives.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.