Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs . Football season is here and sure theres the game but for me its all about the tailgating eats! This is a perfectly spicy sandwich that you really need to make! So good!
Anyone else look forward to Sunday football snacks more then the actual games? Maybe its just me but while I love watching the games every weekend, I really love the fun food that goes along with it. These Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs are absolutely delicious. Easy spicy chicken meatballs served in a hot dog bun along with shredded red cabbage for crunch and finished with ranch or bleu cheese dressing. These are sure to be a HUGE hit!
Heres something else I’m really excited about… I’m teaming up with some amazing bloggers to share some of our favorite Tailgating Snacks! Be sure to follow LeMoine Family Kitchen over on Facebook because i’ll be sharing everyones amazing tailgating recipes!
For me, I am all about anything drowned in buffalo sauce. One of my go to snacks is buffalo chicken meatballs. Making them in meatball form rather then a wing is really more about ease then anything. You’ve got the same great spicy kick with less work and you can do fun things like turn it into these DELICIOUS Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs.
- For the meatballs:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced carrot
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup red hot sauce
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- To serve:
- hot dog buns
- shredded red cabbage
- ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the 3 Tbsp olive oil, red onion, carrot and celery. Cook until softened. Stir in 1 tsp garlic powder and a little salt & pepper. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumb and the veggies. Mix until evenly combined.
- Form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- In the same pan you cooked the veggies, add a little drizzle of olive oil just to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the meatballs until lightly golden brown on each side. Add the meatballs to a baking dish.
- Bake the meatballs at 385 degrees for about 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- In a pot add the red hot sauce, butter and 2 tsp of garlic powder to a pot. Simmer until warmed through. Coat the meatballs.
- Serve the meatballs packed into hot dog buns with the shredded red cabbage and finished with ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
Check out all the other delicious Tailgating Snacks recipes below from bloggers who took part Tailgating Snacks Month!
Skillet Pizza Bombs by Life Currents
Easy Cheesy Salsa Bean Dip by Bowl me Over
Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels by Hostess at Heart
Frito Pie Skillet Dip with Corn Chip Scoops from Take Two Tapas
Hot Beef & Bean Dip by An Affair from the Heart
Brown Butter Cinnamon Churro Rice Krispie Treats by Full Belly Sisters