I am so excited to share this post with you today! I have been waiting for 2 months to tell you about this top secret recipe post! This is a Freaky Friday Recipe Swap that I did with some of my blogger friends. We all were assigned a blog to cook/bake from and today we are ALL sharing our posts, and who we had! It’s been TOP SECRET and now I finally get to spill the beans and share this AMAZING Baked Brie With Fresh Peach and Blueberry Compote recipe from my friends over at Platter Talk with all of you.
I have been a HUGE fan of the guys over at Platter Talk for quite some time now and really had such a blast browsing through their site to choose a recipe to share with all of you! As soon as I saw this Baked Brie I knew I needed to try it!! I love serving brie at parties and I loved the sound of this simple compote to go along with it. Definitely stop by Platter Talk and check out more of their recipes like this Korean Fried Chicken, Steak and Beef Enchiladas and this Arugula Pesto Pasta.
Brie happens to be one of my favorite cheeses. Whether cold or baked I absolutely love it! It pairs SO well with all sorts of fruits, especially this peach and blueberry compote. The flavors mesh so incredibly well together and was a huge hit at Fathers Day with my family.
- 1 wheel brie
- 1 cup fresh peaches, washed and unpeeled, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Score rind of brie wheel around top perimeter but do not remove before baking.
- Place brie on oven-safe baking dish or pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small sauce pan and gently fold until well combined
- Place sauce pan over medium heat and simmer until compote thickens and peaches are tender.
- Keep compote warm until brie comes out of oven
- Remove brie from oven after 15 minutes and remove top rind from wheel
- Spoon compote over warm wheel of brie
- Serve immediately with bread or crackers.
Be sure to stop by and say hi to all the fellow Freaky Friday bloggers that are sharing amazing recipes today!
An Affair from the Heart *** A Dish of Daily Life *** Aunt Bee’s Recipes
LeMoine Family Kitchen *** Cooking On A Budget
Take Two Tapas *** Who Needs A Cape? *** A Kitchen Hoor
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish *** Tampa Cake Girl
Full Belly Sisters *** Pic-Nic *** Big Rigs ‘n Lil’ Cookies
The Devilish Dish *** Platter Talk. A Culinary Blog. Food, Wine, Friends