I am a HUGE fan of chili! And this Crockpot Autumn Harvest Turkey Chili from my friend Linda at Meal Planning Maven is a GREAT recipe! Packed with lean ground turkey, tons of veggies and beans, this one not only tastes amazing but is healthy for you too! Win win my friends! Oh and be sure to check out some of her other recipes like her Pan Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and her Steak Fajita Naan!
When the weather cools off I just can’t get enough of warm, comforting meals like this Autumn Harvest Turkey Chili. This one would also be perfect for any Football Sunday gathering! Have fun with as Linda did, with a great selection of add ons so that everyone can personalize their bowl of chili!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and chopped (any color)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 2 pounds ground turkey (can also use lean ground beef)
- 2 cups chopped raw butternut squash (or pumpkin)
- 1 (28 ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce can) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 to 3 cups mixed canned beans, rinsed and drained (kidney, garbanzo, pinto, black, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder (I used 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa (or as desired)
- Toppings (or as desired):
- Shredded cheddar cheese (or a “Mexican mix”)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, peppers and jalapenos (if using) until softened.
- Add ground turkey; continue sautéing until browned. Drain.
- Add ground turkey-vegetable mixture to crockpot. Add remaining chili ingredients to crockpot (except hot sauce), stirring to combine.
- Cook for 1 hour on High setting. Reduce heat to Low setting; cook for about 5 hours. Or cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. As crockpots vary, adjust cooking time as needed.
- Taste; add hot sauce (optional) and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve chili over brown rice or quinoa along with your family’s favorite toppings.
Follow Meal Planning Maven
You may also like: