You are either a brussel sprout lover or hater… I hope that if you are a hater that maybe, just maybe these Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta will change your mind. These sprouts are tender and not over cooked. They have a nice roasted flavor and color to them but are cooked right on the stovetop and well that crisp pancetta that adds amazing flavor! This one makes for a great side dish to just about any protein and would be great for the holidays as well.
- 24 oz brussel sprouts, halved
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, small dice
- 1/2 lb pancetta, small dice
- salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, over medium low heat, add about 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the shallot and pancetta. Cook until the pancetta is crisp.
- Remove the pancetta and shallots with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the pan. Set the pancetta aside.
- Add in the brussel sprouts and about a 1/4 cup of water. Pop a lid on the pan and allow the sprouts to cook until the brussel sprouts are tender. If you find that the water has gone down and the sprouts need a little more time to cook, go ahead and add a little more water.
- Once tender, remove the lid, crank the heat up a bit until al the water is evaporated, add in another 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and brown the sprouts.
- Toss the pancetta and shallots back in the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like: