I have a bit of an obsession lately with cooking up Mexican dishes. This Mexican Corn Salad does not disappoint! The flavors are simple but bold making this one very fantastic side dish! Corn, garlic, chili powder, lime juice, mayo and queso fresco. Serve up this corn salad alongside tacos, with some southwest grilled chicken or cilantro lime shrimp! YUM!
My husbands uncle makes a killer Mexican grilled corn that has a lot of the same elements as this corn salad. My husbands absolutely loves it so I knew he’d love this as well. I was right, my husband, brothers and friends all loved it! I happened to use canned corn this time simply because of a little time constraint but next time I do plan on grilling up some local corn to make this dish. For sure the smokiness of the grill will add another great layer of flavor. Either way, its a great dish!
- 3 cans of corn or 4 ears of corn
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- cilantro to taste, chopped
- queso fresco
- salt & pepper
- If you are using ears of corn, go ahead and pop them on the grill to get a light char all around. Cut the kernels off the cob and allow to cool.
- In a smal bowl stir together the mayo, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl stir together the corn, dressing and a couple handfuls of crumbled queso fresco.
- Top with a little extra cilantro and queso fresco. You can serve chilled or room temp.
You may also like: