Momma Lew and her blogger buddies are having a Holiday Cookie Swap Party and you are all invited! Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the cookies that each blogger has prepared for you! When you are finished enjoying your cookies, we have a great giveaway for you to enter! One lucky reader will win a prize of $100 PayPal Cash to help with your holiday shopping!
I love this time of year and I love baking holiday cookies!! I am so excited for this virtual cookie swap and this incredible giveaway that goes along with it!! Today I am sharing these incredible Chocolate Peppermint Cookies! Think soft Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie! Rich chocolate cookie, bits of peppermint baking chips and white chocolate chips! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and peppermint extract, again mixing until smooth.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with the hand mixer until just combined.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the peppermint crunch chips and the white chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough out onto a lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
This giveaway is open to U.S. Residents, 18+ and one entry per household. Giveaway will end on 12/15 at 11:59pm EST.