New Years Eve, put the not so great things of the last year behind you and start fresh in 2014. No New Years Resolution for me, just new goals for the coming year, being positive and enjoying the little things.
In the south it is believed that eating Black Eyed Peas on New Years Eve will bring prosperity in the new year. I figure it can’t hurt and heck these are delicious! These Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas develop incredible flavor from smoked ham, green bells, onion and the kicker is the cajun seasoning. These are great on their own or served over some fluffy rice. Eat a big bowl and may you prosper in 2014!
- 16 oz dry black eyed peas
- 12 oz smoked ham steak, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chop
- 3 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 8 cups beef or vegetable broth
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Set on low for 8 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.