Ok, I think these may have just made it onto my top 10 cookie loving list! My brother makes fun of me because I like a “cake-like” cookie but its true! I love a cookie that has a slight crunch on the outside but is soft and tender inside. These have great flavor and are wonderfully festive with red & green sugar sprinkles! These are a perfect addition to your Christmas cookie platter!
I really love a simple cookie, especially one that my kiddos can help me bake and these Christmas Cream Cheese Cookies are perfect for just that! Brighten up any cookie tray with these sugar coated sprinkle cookies.
Christmas Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1- 8oz pkg light cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Red & Green sugar sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and again mix until combined, 30-45 seconds.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly combine the dry mix into the wet mix until just incorporated (do not over mix).
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll into balls. Roll into the mixed sugar sprinkles, slightly press down on the cookie and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack. Makes approx 46 cookies.