Today I’ve got a very easy appetizer perfect for Christmas or New Years. With just 4 ingredients and minimal prep, this one will not take time away from you enjoying family. Slightly salty ham baked in a sweet sauce of pineapple, brown sugar and ketchup… yup, thats it! Poke in some frilly toothpicks and you are good to go!
I sometimes feel silly even posting such a simple recipe but let me tell ya, this one needed to be shared because it was a BIG hit with my family!!! You can prep this ahead of time then just warm through before serving. Keeping things simple is a must when cooking for a crowd! This is one appetizer that I think you’ll go back to again and again.
- 3 lb boneless dinner ham, large dice
- 1- 20 oz can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar and ketchup until combined.
- Mix the diced ham, pineapple chunks and the wet ingredients in a large baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove the ham and pineapple and place into a bowl. Add the juices to a pot and simmer on low until reduced a bit and slightly thickened. Pour overtop the ham and serve.