OREO® O’s Sugar Cookies. A perfect back to school snack with the #BestCerealEver. Perfectly dunk-able homemade sugar cookie coated in crushed OREO® O’s cereal!
While on my latest trip to Shop Rite I was SO excited to find this NEW OREO® O’s Cereal from Post! I knew my boys were going to be very excited to see this one in the pantry and I thought I could definitely turn this into a fantastic after school snack for them! Win – Win all around and let me tell you, these cookies are AHHH-MAZING!!!
Its so funny, my boys are only 8 & 6 yet I feel like I live at Shop Rite to keep up with their appetites and thankfully Shop Rite is super close to me and has everything I need at GREAT prices! I feel like getting back into the routine of school is never the easiest transition and I thought to put some extra smiles on the boys faces… bake them fabulous cookies! It works every time!
I used my basic sugar cookie recipe then rolled the dough in crushed OREO® O’s Cereal. They are easy to make and that soft center is so so tasty! I’ll definitely be making another batch later in the week to share with some our friends because they are way too good not to share.
Ok so while my hubby was enjoying a couple of these OREO® O’s Sugar Cookies he was brainstorming for the next batch and heres what we’re thinking… ICE CREAM SANDWICHES! How fantastic would two of these cookies with a center of vanilla ice cream be? Oh and maybe even roll the edges of the ice cream in more of the cereal?!?! OK yes this is a must don’t ya think? I should probably stock up on the cereal next time I head back to Shop Rite!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Oreo® O’s cereal, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough out into balls using a small cookie scooper. Roll each ball into the crushed cereal to coat and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes. Press the dough down just slightly and bake for 12 minutes.