OH MY GOODNESS right?!?! How fantastic does this Maple Bacon French Toast Bake look?!?! This is one spectacular weekend breakfast that is oh so satisfying! A perfect balance of sweet maple syrup, tender challah bread and crisp salty bacon. This is what breakfast dreams are made of. I am a huge fan of the sweet and salty combo so this is just perfection for a special treat. Weather its the weekend, a holiday brunch or heck even a breakfast for dinner thing… this is going to be a huge hit!
I adore challah bread for a basic french toast of french toast bake. I think it works perfectly. You get a really soft and sweet and salty interior while the top gets golden with the just the right amount of crunch. Maple and bacon are a great combo all on their own but go and add that right into the bake and i’m telling ya, its so so good! And for good measure, I saved some of the crisp bacon to crumble over top too.
This is so simple to make too! A loaf of challah bread cut into large pieces tossed with a mixture of eggs, cream, sugar, maple syrup and crisped and chopped bacon. Throw everything into a baking dish and pop in the oven. Such a great one for the whole family. Serve the Maple Bacon French Toast Bake with some warm maple syrup and fresh fruit alongside for a perfect stat to the morning.
- 1 loaf challah bread, large dice
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bacon in a single layer on a lined baking sheets and bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Place onto paper towels to absorb excess grease. Once cooled enough to handle, give it a rough chop.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, cream, maple syrup and sugar. Whisk until combined. Stir in the challah bread and about 3/4 of the crisp bacon. Reserve the rest of the bacon to serve on top.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 45-55 minutes. For the first 30 minutes bake covered with foil. For the remaining cooking time remove the foil and allow to get golden on top.
- Serve with more crisp bacon over top and warm maple syrup.
You may also like: