Who’s feeling really excited about the remaining football playoff games and the upcoming BIG game?!?! Sure my team sadly got knocked out last week but theres plenty of football to watch yet! Football season is sort of a big thing with my family. Just about every Sunday we all get together for snacks, dinner and the games. I made this AMAZING Tex-Mex Beef & Noodle Casserole the other day and wow! Not only is this an easy recipe to make for any football Sunday but man it is absolutely delicious! Can you really go wrong with beef and noodles tossed in a cheesy and creamy spicy salsa sauce?!? You all have got to try this one… it will be a HUGE hit!
Me and the little man ran out to Walmart the other day to grab some fun football party decorations like a football field table cloth and football print cups and napkins. Fun stuff right?! While roaming around I also picked up some ingredients for party snacks and grabbed a big bottle of Pace® Picante Medium because I like me some heat friends!
Heres what I really love about salsa, there are so many ways you can utilize salsa in recipes that go way beyond putting out a bowl of salsa and some chips. This salsa was the perfect base for a creamy cheesy sauce for this casserole! There are so many choices from mild to hot as well as different flavors so go ahead and get creative with it.
As for this recipe, well casseroles are a great crowd pleasing meal and this one is easy to throw together ahead of time if you need to! I cooked an onion and lean ground beef in a pan with a little taco seasoning until mostly cooked through. Set that aside and make the incredibly flavorful Pace® Picante based sauce which is simply the salsa mixed with cream cheese. The salsa really adds just the perfect amount of kick to this recipe.
All thats left is to toss together some cooked egg noodles, the beef and sauce. Stir in a bit of shredded cheddar, pour into a casserole dish, top with more cheese and bake until golden. You’ve got yourself a great main dish for your next football party- heck, we all enjoyed this one so much I’ll be making it frequently for during the week dinner!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2-3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 12 oz pkg egg noodles
- 24 oz jar Pace® Picante Medium salsa
- 8 oz cream cheese. room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the egg noodles in a large pot for just about 4-5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a saute pan, over medium low heat, add the olive oil. Once heated add in the onions and cook until softened.
- Add in the beef and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat with a spoon as it cooks. Cook until at least mostly cooked through.
- In a bowl mix together the salsa and cream cheese.
- To the large pot you used to cook the noodles- mix the noodles, beef and sauce along with 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar.
- Add the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar over top.
- Bake for approx 20-25 minutes until the top is just lightly golden.